LPGA Master Teaching Professional and creator of Cardiogolf, Karen Palacios-Jansen, recently listed as one of the LPGA’s Top 50 Best Teachers.
The Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA) Teaching and Club Professionals (T&CP) membership announced today the launch of an annual recognition of the LPGA Teaching and Club Professional’s Top 50 LPGA Teachers, presented in partnership with Women’s Golf Journal. This new initiative will identify and recognize the best LPGA instructors from more than 1,700 LPGA certified professionals worldwide. Click here to read more…
In 2008, Karen Palacios-Jansen was voted LPGA National Teacher of the Year and in the past has been voted as one of America’s “Top 50 Best Women Teachers” by Golf Digest Magazine for the past 20 years. Recently she was voted to the Inaugural List of the 50 Best LPGA Teachers, Presented by Women’s Golf Journal.
Karen’s owns a golf events Company-Swing Blade Enterprises in Mooresville, North Carolina. She is a certified personal trainer, a Nike Golf Performance Specialist and Pilates instructor. Karen developed a golf-specific fitness system called Cardiogolf available online at Cardiogolf.com and on DVD. Karen is a member of the Nike Golf Advisory Staff, where she participates in Nike product development and promotions.
Karen has appeared on The Golf Channel and is a regular content contributor to Golf Digest Magazine’s ‘Fitness Friday” column and other online platforms. Formerly trained by David Leadbetter, Nick Faldo and Jim McLean, Karen taught at their golf schools and academies for many years before she ventured on her own. She has been a member of the LPGA T&CP since 1994. In 2016, she was elected Vice-President of the LPGA T&CP.
Karen is also a freelance golf instructional and fitness writer, and formerly the managing editor for Golf Fitness Magazine. Her golf blog “KPJ Golf” is read by thousands of golfers each week. She has spent the last 10 years developing her online and social media presence and now has over 10,000 followers on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram and more than 100,000 views of her online video tips. Her blog, KPJ Golf, ranks 26th out of thousands of golf blogs according to Blog Rank and is ranked among the “Top 50 Golf Blogs” according to Blog Metrics Ranking. Karen is married to Olympic Gold Medalist speed skater Dan Jansen and has two step-daughters. When Karen is not teaching or playing golf, she is teaching Pilates at 15 to Fit Pilates, Barre and Fitness Studio in Mooresville, North Carolina. For more information, visit KPJgolf.com.
Education and Career Highlights include:
- Master’s Degree –Journalism, Columbia College, Chicago, Illinois 1990. Bachelor’s Degree-Speech and Theatre, Stetson University, Deland, Florida 1988
- Elected Vice-President LPGA T&CP 2016
- Voted to the ‘Inaugural List of the 50 Best LPGA Teachers’, Presented by Women’s Golf Journal.
- Voted Golf Digest Magazine (Golf for Women Magazine) “America’s 50 Best Women Teachers” list 1997 to 2013
- 2008 LPGA National Teacher of the Year
- 2008 LPGA Southeast Section Teacher of the Year
- Author LPGA Teaching Her Course– Researched, developed and wrote the curriculum for the LPGA Teaching Her Course-2015
- Author Golf Fitness Book published by Taylor Trade Publishing. August 2011
- 2003/2008 Voted by Golf Digest Magazine as one of North Carolina’s “Top 50 Teaching Pros”
- 2000 Voted by Golf Digest Magazine as one of Florida’s “Top 50 Teaching Pros”
- Over 100 published articles in magazines such as Golf Fitness Magazine, Golf for Women, Golf Digest Magazine, Golf Tips and Golf Magazine as well as many articles in local publications
- Former Managing Editor Golf Fitness Magazine
- Member of The Golf Writers Association of America
- AFAA Certified Personal Trainer and Pilates Instructor