On-Line Cardiogolf Certification Program for Golf and Fitness Professionals
Developed by Karen Palacios-Jansen
- LPGA Master Teaching Professional
- Nike Golf Performance Coach and Certified Personal Trainer
- Golf Digest Magazine “Top 50 Best Golf-Fitness Professional”
The certification program is designed for golf and fitness professionals (fitness professionals must be proficient in golf) to teach their clients the Cardiogolf program. Cardiogolf is designed to help golfers of all abilities improve swing mechanics and functional movement patterns as well as develop strength, flexibility and endurance specific for golf. The program can be done for individuals or in a group setting.
As part of the certification process you will receive weekly emails that will guide you through the 6-week Cardiogolf On-Line Certification Program. You will learn the exercises and drills, as well as get workout routines that you can learn and teach immediately to your clients.
- Six-week online training program and support
- 1 Shortee Practice Training Club (discounts available to purchase other Shortee Practice Training Clubs for your clients)
- Cardiogolf Certification Manual (Downloadable PDF)
- 18 Cardiogolf Workout Routines (You’ll have access to videos. Watch the videos and simply follow along as Karen takes you through a battery of exercises and drills for you to learn to teach your clients.)
- Over 100 Golf-Specifics Exercises including pre-round warm up routines, strength, flexibility exercises and swing drills.
- Basic Golf-Fitness Screen
- Golf-Fitness Tips and Advice to pass onto your clients.
- Support from Karen to learn how to design a Cardiogolf group fitness class.
- You can receive CUs from your respective memberships.
During the 6-week program you learn how to design routines to help your clients develop all the key aspects of their golf games. I will include exercises that can be done in a private or group setting. The program starts with the basic golf-specific fitness screen to determine baseline fitness levels. Then you’ll learn the Cardiogolf Pre-Round Warm Up Routines, Golf-Conditioning Exercises, Swing Drills and Post-Round Flexibility Exercises.
Each week of the program focuses on a different aspect of fitness. I will give you an overview of the exercises and routine and then ask you to commit to learning the exercise routine and drills during the week. You can use the routines immediately to teach your own clients.
Cardiogolf is a golf-fitness program designed to teach the mechanics of the golf swing without hitting a ball. The program optimizes physical competence in each of ten recognized fitness domains:
About Cardiogolf Group Fitness Classes and Routines:
Cardiogolf is a series of golf-specific workout routines that combine swing drills and exercises. Cardiogolf accommodates golfers of all skills and fitness levels. All you need to teach Cardiogolf is a 4 x 4 sq.ft. space for each golfer to do the exercises and swing a golf club. Cardiogolf ‘Shortee Practice Training Clubs’ are recommended to use in the class. The clubs are shorter so that they can be swung indoors and in a group setting. Some of the exerciseswill require a golf club, small hand weights, stretch bands or medicine balls, but all the exercises can be modified if no equipment is available.
The Cardiogolf workout routines are based on ‘interval circuit training’ where the golfers will be doing a variety of exercises or a “circuit”. Cardiogolf provides simple fitness routines that exercises combining cardiovascular endurance and strength exercises with golf- specific exercises and drills.
Modify each class to fit the needs of the golfers in your class.
Cardiogolf Program Levels
Par-for beginners or people who have not exercised in the past.
Birdie-for moderate exercisers who have participated in fitness programs in the past and/or exercise 2 to 3 days a week.
Eagle-for advanced exercisers who exercise on a daily basis and are looking to challenge their fitness level.
Core benefits of Cardiogolf for Golf and Fitness Professionals include:
- Drive traffic into golf and fitness facilities (classes could be scheduled several days a week and in the evenings or off hours)
- Cultivate a unique relationship with repeat clients that are frequenting facilities to attend classes
- Create a stream of income for golf and fitness professionals
- Revenue stream from Cardiogolf training equipment
Core benefits of Cardiogolf for participants include:
The motor learning skills required to be efficient with the golf swing are primarily taught statically and dynamically with a golf ball during a lesson at a driving range or at a golf course. The public’s perception of how to learn to play golf is to go to a golf course or a driving range facility. Cardiogolf’s programs can be conducted inside golf facilities during off-seasons and off hours. Cardiogolf is a unique program that is conducive to a group setting so professionals can teach large groups at once.
CORE BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Improve overall health and fitness
- Improve or learn the golf swing technique
- All skill levels benefit with Cardiogolf tiered levels and modifications
About Cardiogolf and Creator Karen Palacios-Jansen
Cardiogolf is a golf-specific fitness program designed to teach the mechanics of the golf swing without hitting a ball. Created by Karen Palacios-Jansen, 2008 LPGA National Teacher of the Year, Certified Personal and Pilates Trainer and voted as one of America’s “Top 50 Best Golf-Fitness Professionals” by Golf Digest Magazine. Karen appears frequently on The Golf Channel and has authored hundreds of golf-fitness instructional articles.
Created in 1999, Karen has taught Cardiogolf group fitness classes at golf resorts, country clubs and fitness centers. She currently teaches Cardiogolf at Trump National Charlotte Golf Club and at 15 to Fit Pilates and Barre Studio both located in Mooresville, North Carolina.
Cardiogolf curriculum incorporates techniques accumulated through more than 20 years of teaching experience and fitness training. Cardiogolf swing mechanics and drills have been developed from years of studying under the likes of David Leadbetter, Nick Faldo, Jim McLean and Dede Owens. The fitness portion of the programming comes from Karen’s experience as a AFAA Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer, a CHEK and Nike Golf Performance Specialist and a Certified Pilates Trainer.
Cardiogolf programing integrates mind/body golf and fitness skills that can be taught to golf professionals and fitness trainers who can adapt and implement the workouts to fit the needs and personal goals of their clients.
For more information and to sign up email email@example.com