You ability to squat will likely determine if you can maintain your spine angle throughout your swing. If you are not strong enough to maintain your squat position, you may thrust your hips forward toward the ball at impact, thus pulling yourself out of the shot.
Squats are important for golf and overall strength in legs, glute muscles and core.
- Stand in a shoulder width stance, using a golf club for balance.
- Squat down as you keep your arms extended out in front of you.
- Keep your spine relatively straight as you maintain your knees over your toes.
- Try to squat down so that your thighs are parallel to the ground.
- Return to the start position and repeat motion for 8 to 10 repetitions.
Cardiogolf Creator, LPGA Teaching Professional, Golf-Fitness Specialist and Certfied Pilates Instructor Karen Jansen teams up with 15 to Fit Pilates, Barre and Fitness to help you take your game to the next level.
Karen will design an individualized golf-specific workout program for you combining Pilates reformer exercises with her unique Cardiogolf fitness program to help you improve your core strength, posture, balance, flexibility and swing technique to build more a powerful and repeatable golf swing.
Five Session Package Includes:
(2) Pilates Reformer Sessions to improve overall strength, flexibility, coordinaCon, balance and to help prevent injury
(2) Cardiogolf Sessions with drills to improve swing technique and lower your scores
(1) Fitness Screen and Golf Swing Assessment
Package Price: $595.00
Karen Palacios-Jansen is a LPGAClass A Teaching Professional and a Certified Personal Trainer specializing in Golf Fitness. Karen serves as the National Vice President of the LPGA Teaching And Club Professionals Membership and has been voted as one of America’s “Top 50 Golf-Fitness Professionals” by Golf Digest Magazine and “Top 50 Instructor” by LPGA. Karen received the prestigious LPGA National Teacher of the Year award in 2008.
Karen Palacios-Jansen is the creator of Cardiogolf, a golf-fitness program available at Cardiogolf.com. Karen’s website at www.kpjgolf.comis a ‘must-see’ resource for golf and fitness instruction. Follow Karen online on Twitter and Facebook.
Clothes provided by Nike Golf-#NikeGolfClub